Well, it is day after New Year's Day and, as I look back on 2017, I count my blessings.Several things happened this year that are worth noting.
1. My oldest granddaughter (my daughter's oldest child) gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Ryleigh making me a GREATgranddad!
2. I reached the age of 70! Seven decades of life is something I never expected to happen since having a triple bypass at the age of 47!
3. Made it through almost the entire year WITHOUT my implanted defibrillator firing. (Ended up in the emergency room when it fired on December 29 saving my life once again!)
4. Got to spend time with family, something I should be doing more of.
5. Went on four cruises with my wife, the last two being a back-to-back in December, where we celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary several times!
6. My daughter's youngest, her only son, got his high school diploma!
AND these are just the highlights! I am hoping 2018 will bring more of the same such as a 50th wedding anniversary and the high school graduation of my son's oldest daughter, to name a couple. Every day is an unexpected pleasure for me when I wake up in the morning.
To celebrate 2017, I decided to use my final "PAIRS" image taken on the town square. As always, a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Here is hoping everyone has a great New Year in 2018!
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...