Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sales pitch

When I hit the shutter button for this image, I thought I was getting a restaurant manager speaking with one of the kitchen staff. When I walked by on the sidewalk, I could hear the man on the left making a sales pitch for foodstuffs. So, things are not always as they seem.
Then I had to decide on what I wanted in the image. Should I crop out the big window looking into the restaurant or leave it? Should I crop it just enough to edit out the big electrical box? In the end, I decided I wanted to keep the whole frame. I like the reflection in the window along with the table flowers and the interior light. Granted all the electrical boxes are distracting (especially because they are some of the brightest areas of the image which instantly draws the eyes). But trying to crop out those elements loses the details in the window that I find worth keeping.
So, what are your thoughts?


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment