Thursday, September 28, 2017

SLOW DOWN!

I am trying to settle in to my "poor man's Monochrom & 50mm Summicron" (i.e., a Fuji X100S with a teleconverter) as my only gear of choice. But I still see images both wide and long that I want. This is really becoming something where I have to make a noticeable effort to do.
And I really want to make this work so I am trying to settle down. Today's image is from a couple of weeks ago when I spotted these college students checking out the sidewalk etchings in the town square.


The one thing I am noticing is I need to SLOW DOWN. I get in such a rush I don't take the time to really try and SEE the final image I want. I plan on continuing to use mainly the Fuji with the teleconverter but also to occasionally break out the Yashica Electro35 GS with some Tri-X film. The Yashica, as you may or may not know, is a fixed lens rangefinder with a 1,7/45mm lens so it is comparable with the Fuji setup.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment