Thursday, September 7, 2017

Are they OK?

Back in 2007, my wife and I started doing Caribbean cruises rather than traveling overseas. We had taken our first cruise in 1980 aboard Carnival's then flagship, the Festivale.
After doing some research on various cruise companies, we decided on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on board the Carnival Glory. One of the ports we visited was Sint Maarten and the town of Philipsburg. After roaming around the town, we were headed back to the ship when I spotted this woman and her daughter sitting along the promenade. I ask her if I could take a photo of her and her daughter and, after getting her permission, I snapped this image.
After seeing some of the devastation caused early this week by Hurricane Irma, I got to thinking about some of the images I have of the island and its people.This little girl was probably 4 or 5 years old at the time making her a teenager today. I have no way of knowing if they are ok but my hopes are that they survived and are able to get their lives back to normal.
This photo also made my book "FACES" with the following quote:
 " Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face." - Victor Hugo


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment