Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Blast from the Past

Being as it is Tues of the fourth week, my wife had her writers' club meeting today. I, as usual, tagged along and went up on  the town square to try and find some images. As I neared the square, I saw this gorgeous little VW Beetle parked. Even from the distance, I could tell the car had been lowered which gave it an aggressive stance. The car had a set of aftermarket wheels that looked pretty nice and the interior looked spotless. I took several shots of the car from various angles but could not get the shot I really wanted from the front of the car because of a shadow from a lightpole. So I went roaming around the square as I waited for the shadow to move off the car. In the end, I finally got some cloud cover and I was able to get the image I wanted.
Just as I finished taking the shot, a guy approached me smiling and talking about the car. He was, of course, the owner. He had recently purchased the Beetle from its second owner and the car had only 61,000 miles on it. He said he has all the original documentation that the car had on it when it was first sold. The engine had been upgraded with a big bore kit but was stock otherwise and was still running the original carburetor. He also said the interior was all original including the original carpeting.
It was fun talking with someone about the old Beetles. The first car I ever owned was a 1963 pea green Beetle that I bought in 1969 at the age of 21.
 

As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment