Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Definition of a boy

This shot was taken after I had left the paper due to the 2008 recession. I still had all my work gear and spent as much time shooting on the weekends as I could. I was back to working for a military contractor to pay the bills but got out to the same areas I did as a news photographer. This kid was with his dad wandering through a local arts/crafts festival in Rosemary Beach, FL. He spotted me when I brought the camera up to my eye and gave me this grimace look. I could not have asked for a better expression. I talked with his dad for a while, gave him my card, and sent him the digital file so he could get a print.
For the "FACES" book, I found what I think is a perfect definition of a boy:

Boy,n.: A noise with dirt on it." - Not Your Average Dictionary



The image was shot with a Nikon D2H and Tokina 2,8/80-200mm at f2.8 and ISO200.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great capture Rich! I first found your name in the comments on David duChemin's blog post "Is Composition Over-Rated?" I, too, love to read David's posts and look at his photos. I so enjoyed looking around your blog as well! I especially was very moved at the photo story of the dead soldier's homecoming! You had such great use of selective focus that really told your story well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete