Sunday, July 2, 2017

Decision made.....

I have made my decision concerning the Nikon D2H and Nikkor 18-200mm superzoom. I am reselling the items on eBay. The camera/lens combination performed flawlessly but it is just too much camera. I used a pair of these bodies (and also the 18-200mm superzoom) when I was contracted to a weekly newspaper and it was great. But the capabilities of this camera (great autofocus and AF tracking, short shutter lag, 8 fps, 1/8000 second shutter speed, 25 RAW shots in a burst, etc.) are much more than I need at this point in my photographic life. Along with the Nikon gear, I am also selling my Nikkor 1,8/85mm lens, a Fuji XF 1,4/35mm lens and a Sekonic light meter. All of this stuff is getting or will get very little use in my retirement. I am considering renting a Fuji 18-135mm lens to use with my X-E1 to see if that is a combination that I might want. I have always liked the capabilities of the Nikkor 18-200mm lens and I am hoping the Fuji lens will do the same. If that does not excite me, I plan on trying the conversion lenses for my X100S (wide (28mm) and tele (50mm). That set up would be similar to the one film camera I still own, a Yashica Electro35 GS rangefinder which has a pair of conversion lenses. All that being said, let's move on to today's image.
This is one from the Nikon gear that would have required more cropping with the Fuji cameras. It was shot at the extreme telephoto end (200mm) of the Nikkor. It may make the "Pairs" theme mainly because I like the shadow and light between the two people and I also like the fact that the man is in loose attire where the woman is showing off her curves with form-fitting clothing. Add in the backpack and her trunk of a purse and everything balances.


On another note, I always liked the out-of-focus areas that the Nikkor lens produced - soft enough to not draw any real detailed attention but enough to where the viewer could get a sense of the surroundings. That is one of the items I will be looking at with the Fuji lens and, for me, it is an important item.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment