Sunday, July 23, 2017

A woman's beauty

Another archived shot that is in the "FACES" book. This is a shot of my wife back 20 years ago when I was using her as my model. We were looking toward quitting our jobs, moving to the Florida Panhandle and making a go of working for ourselves. I spent 10 years providing photos to a local weekly newspaper (the most fun job I have ever had!) and she, after a couple of other jobs, was hired as a reporter for the same weekly.
But back to this image. This was the year she turned 50 and she was aging quite beautifully. It was shot on a Olympus OM-4T with a Tokina 80-200mm f2.8 Pro lens on Kodak Tri-X film @ ISO400. This is one of the best shots I have ever taken of my beautiful bride and, with our 50th wedding anniversary coming in  2018, I have been fortunate to still be here with her.
I use this shot to lead off the "FACES" book with the following quote:

"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides." - Unknown author
 

As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment