Thursday, June 29, 2017

Jury is still out....

When I was a working photographer, I used a pair of Nikon D2H bodies along with an assortment of lenses for shooting everything from news photos to commercial work. I even I one image blown up to approximately 6 feet x 12 feet for use on a billboard. In with the lenses, was a Nikkor 3,5-5.6/18-200mm superzoom that I used for both work and travel. This setup suited me well during those years (2003-2013). I sold all of that equipment in 2013 when I retired from paid shooting and bought a couple of Fuji X-System mirrorless cameras.
Fast forward to today and I recently have been dissatisfied with my images. So, a couple of weeks ago I bought a refurbished D2H along with a used 18-200mm superzoom to try and rekindle my photographic spirit. I was able to set up the camera like I did when I was working. I have even learned a few things about the camera that I had forgotten.
I am still not sure if I am going to keep the setup as it is a heavy setup for carrying all day like I did back in the day.
This photo is of a couple of window washers doing their duty on the square. The gentleman closest to the camera I met over a year ago when he had just left a job with a local corporation as he wanted to strike out on his own. Business is doing well and he has hired an employee to work with him. I imagine most folks glance at this pair and just keep going. But, for me, it has been a learning experience to get a little of his background and, with it, a little insight into his hopes and dreams.


Still trying to determine the fate of the Nikon gear. I will be posting a few more photos over the next few days that were taken on my recent visit to the square.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment