Monday, May 1, 2017

"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept"

The above quote from Henri Cartier-Bresson probably applies very well to this image. I was on the square just looking for photos. Just anything that caught my eye. When looking into the intersection, I was trying to find a decent composition to include the truck in the lot and the car at the light. Then I noticed a man coming from my left and decided to try and get some motion in the shot. I quickly set the aperture to f8 which gave me a shutter speed of 1/50 second and brought the camera up quickly to my eye and hit the shutter. In looking at the image in the computer, I noticed it is not as sharp as the camera can produced. I believe it was because of camera shake because I did not have time to really set myself.
But even with the camera shake, I like the image. The blur of the man draws my eye more than the slight camera shake that makes the rest of the image a little soft.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment