Sunday, March 26, 2017

Still hanging on to X-E1

The main reason I have hung on to the Fuji X-E1 is mainly to shoot my son's oldest daughter in her volleyball exploits. That is also the reason I have hung on the an old Nikkor 1,8/85mm lens as my one telephoto lens. With the 16 megapixels of the X-E1 and the 85mm, I can do a little creative cropping to bring the action up close and personal. When I shot for the newspaper, I used a couple of zooms (Tokina 4/12-24mm and 2,8/80-200mm) for shooting volleyball. I also used the 80-200mm for shooting my oldest granddaughter when she was playing softball with my former Nikon D2H bodies.



This image is from a recent volleyball tournament. My granddaughter just pulled back from trying to return this spike when she realized it was going out of bounds. While they eventually lost the match, it has been fun over the last few years to watch her athletic skills improve.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment