Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Super Moon

A couple of weeks back, the world saw a "Super Moon" as the Earth's satellite made its closest pass in several years. Since I no longer have a long telephoto lens that can really make it look like a "Super Moon", I decided to create my own image.
This image is a composite of two images. The moon was shot in 2004 during a lunar eclipse when the moon becomes a "blood moon" when it passes behind the Earth and the sun's light is filtered through the Earth's atmosphere leaving only the red spectrum.
The lighthouse image was shot a few weeks ago in full daylight. I used Adobe Camera Raw to darken the image before bringing it into Photoshop CS for further manipulation. I lightened the image slightly to produce a lighter shade of sky near the horizon before adding the moon.
Then I took the image into Silver Efex Pro 2, converting into a monochrome image. The end result is what you see here. Not perfect by any means and maybe I will continue to play with it to see if I can do better.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

2 comments: