Saturday, August 6, 2016

BUBBLES!!!

As I rebuilt my website, I ran across images that have never been published but I have always remembered when I saw them. This image was taken almost 13 years ago at a local arts festival in Rosemary Beach, FL. At the time I was shooting for a local weekly newspaper as their sole contract photographer. I was using Kodak color film that the paper wanted in a Nikon F100. The lens here was probably a Tokina 80-200mm f2,8 Pro lens. The Tokina pro series lenses were a little cheaper than the Nikkors but the images, for my use, were very comparable to the Nikkors. The autofocus was not quite as fast but the F100 only did a max of five frames per second.
This young man caught my eye mostly because of the dark background that highlighted the bubbles. This is a tight crop of the full image but I started shooting as soon as I saw him. The tight crop is due to the concrete block construction that was on the left and upper part of the image which would have been very distracting.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

2 comments:

  1. A great pic, Richard. Must confess I have been busy and not caught up with your blog for a while, but I will track back over it when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, David. As you can see I have also been remiss in responding to comments as I don't usually get any. I am trying to be more observant of comments!

      Delete