Sunday, June 12, 2016

Do they know each other?

As so often happens in shooting on the streets, a photographer will take a photograph and forget about for years. Ten years ago, my wife and I were in London, England. As usual, I was shooting a lot of documentary street shots, something a little different from my day job as a news photographer in the States. I have probably glanced at this shot without thinking on several occasions since then.
But today, as I was working on images to refresh my defunct website, I saw it differently this time.
Since retiring, I have been doing more shooting on the streets of wherever I am just to document what is happening. No real purpose other than just that. No need for info for captions, etc. Just the joy of shooting.
When I looked at this image today, I saw the couple on the right a little differently. I wondered if the woman knew the guy behind her or if it was just the way things were at the instant I hit the shutter. The other item of interest to me was the balance of the image created with the worker with his back to me on the left and the woman (who is my wife) on the right. The diagonals created by the building in the backgound also seem to add to this balance since the people on the left are slightly smaller than on the right and the building shrinks into the distance longer on the left than on the right. This is what I think caused my eyes to focus on the two people closest to the pole.
And the last question that came to mind was there any connection between the two main subjects?
I don't know.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment