Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Out for a walk

Been trying to get a better handle on the X100S I have had for the past three years. I have had a constant battle to try and "see" with just a 35mm FOV available like in the X100S. Lately, I have restricted my shooting to just the X100S and been leaving the X-E1 and its couple of primes at home. I am still having trouble keeping myself from looking at a scene and not thinking of "if I just had an 2,8/80-200mm zoom."
But forcing myself outside that old comfort zone I am hoping to adjust to a different way of seeing photographically. I know I have mentioned this before but I shot with wide and tele zooms for 35 years before ditching the SLR/DSLR combos I used for both pleasure and work. Now in retirement, I want to try and see if I can challenge myself in my old age.
The image shown here is full frame from the X100S and might become part of my "Pairs on the Square" series which I am working on.


The reason this shot is on the challenge section of the series is because there are three people in the shot. But I do like the similarity between the two adults so for now it will stay.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment