Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Have you lived TODAY?

This saying caught my eye on my walkabout in the downtown square. It is not one I have noticed before.
But it does ask a good question. I have been restricting myself to the X100S for the last few shooting excursions to get a better feel for it and its 35mm FOV. I wanted to get some shooting done this day with a short depth of field. With a maximum shutter speed of 1/1000 of a second as a restriction of the leaf shutter in the lens, I made use of the 3-stop neutral density filter that is available on the X100S.
What this has done has gotten me to think a little more about my compositions. As I looked at the saying I asked myself what does this composition need? For me, the answer was simple. I needed someone in the field of view. Then I had to ask myself what I wanted in focus. I decided on a short depth of field (f2.0) knowing that with the short lens on the X100S that the background would have enough focus to give me the image I was hoping for. Then I waited.
And this is the image I was happy with.


Just a simple composition but with an easily recognizable person in the background to hopefully make the viewer wonder if the woman had lived today.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment