Thursday, May 5, 2016

Another pair

This is the continuing saga of images on our town square of a pair of people going about a normal day. My wife had an appointment with a fellow writer to discuss some comments she had concerning his latest book. While the two of them were doing that, I went outside and just sat on a bench in the square to watch the happenings and hoped, just maybe, that I might see something to add to my "Pairs" series.
Having recently read a blog entry by David duChemin about patience (http://davidduchemin.com/2016/05/receptive-observant/), I decided to just sit and watch from one viewpoint instead of roaming around the square like usual. After sitting for about an hours grabbing a few shots (none of which made the final cut), I went for a walk.
About 30 minutes later, I was back to the same area of the square.
This time, however, there were three guys there replacing a light bulb in one of the lamps. When I first got there, two of the guys were holding the ladder that the third guy was on. I started taking some photos. One of the guys started talking about how many times they were being photographed as they made their way around the square checking the lamps. The comment was based on the number of security cameras that in place around the square and not about someone like me. I moved in a little closer and one of the guys stepped out of the frame leaving this "pair".
So, patience, in this case, did pay off.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment