Sunday, February 7, 2016

The perils of being a staff of one

For a decade, I worked for a small weekly newspaper in the Florida Panhandle. I started out as a freelancer then a contract photographer (and sports reporter) and finally, for three years, the first (and as it turned out only) staff photographer. I was called on for everything in support of five reporters. Quite often I would work 60-70 hours in a week to cover everything for the reporters plus my duties as the sports reporter.
But I never really "worked". When asked how I liked being a newspaper photographer, I told them "I get to play everyday!" For this image, I got to shoot a new business owner who was opening a yoga/exercise studio. As you can see from this image, it was not all "work"!!


As Yousof Karsh said, "The trouble with photographing beautiful women is that you never get into the dark room until after they've gone!"
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment