Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Smokin'

Due to my current health issues, I am restricted from driving and don't really want to bother my chauffeur (my wife) with my obsession. So I am going through my stockpile of images taken over almost 4 decades to show some the images that never made to print.
This one was taken at a new steakhouse in Miramar, FL, but wasn't selected for that week's edition at the newspaper. But I have always liked it.


One of the reasons I like it is because it shows the capabilities of the Nikons I was using at the time. This image was shot with a D2Hs in RAW, processed in Photoshop, Nik Dfine and Silver Efex Pro II. For newsprint, I found that my D2H bodies, when exposed correctly, did a great job. I even had one image from a D2H that was cropped in the middle and blown up to roughly six feet by 12 feet for use on a billboard. When I retired, I really hated selling the cameras and lenses but it was just more weight than I wanted to carry.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment