Thursday, September 10, 2015

[Two] Pairs on the Square

These days I find myself shooting less as I no longer have a need to provide images to the clients that I once did.
On Tuesday this week while my wife was at her writing club meeting (she is a former newspaper journalist), I did my usual visit to the town square. I have several themes I am working on concerning the square but also I spend time just looking. Sometimes I roam around the square and its side streets but, this past Tuesday, I decided to just pick a spot and see what came to me.
This photograph, which fits well with my "Pairs on the Square" theme, is the first one that has two pairs that work together. I was just standing at a crosswalk and took a few frames as these two "pairs" crossed. What really works for me is the dress of the four people, the fact that the complementary dress (dresses on the two ladies facing me and pants on the two people walking away) and the positioning of the four subjects.
Usually I am chomping at the bit to just keep shooting. Most of the images end up in my computer's trashcan. This day I shot a total of four images during a 2-hour period. I still got my single keeper.
And, for me, that is all I needed for that day to be a success.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment