Monday, September 7, 2015

Latest book cover

I have been working for a couple of years on photos under the theme "Pairs on the Square". I have started to pull together some of the images that I think work for this theme. Again, the book is for my family and I will probably do it as a PDF file just because of costs.
While the book is not ready for primetime yet, I had been struggling to find a decent image for the cover but happened on this one that I captured earlier this year. I cropped the image a little on either side to fit the cover which seems to drive the eye to the two people. What I really like about the shot is the posture of the woman on the right. Not sure why but her fiddling with her hair grabs my attention and then I inspect the rest of the image. I love the light on the back of her tights that separates her legs from the background. Then the lines of the two coolers and upper cases drives my eye to the other woman. Focus wise, I blew this shot. I would have preferred to have more sharpness to it but it still works for me.
And isn't that why a lot of us really shoot. It is not about faves on Facebook or whatever it is on Twitter or any other social site. Just about what sparks something within our hearts and minds when we hit the shutter.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment