Thursday, August 6, 2015

Coffeeshop crowd

There is something about this photograph that keeps me coming back. As with any image, part of it is the overall composition but, in this case, this shot has a little more DOF than I usually have. For a good part of my photographic life, I have used wide open apertures to try and drive the viewer's eye to the subject I was most interested in. This is especially true for normal to tele focal lengths but not so much with wide angle focal lengths. As I look as some of the imagery of the documentary shooters that I most admire, the images usually have more DOF. So I am trying a different approach in my shooting these days to make sure that when I take a photograph, I take two so I have a short and long DOF to chose from.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment