Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Fourth of July

Today is Independence Day in America. I was planning on attending our local parade for some shots for the blog but Mother Nature intervened with rain. So I went to my archives and brought out the two images that I remember most vividly.  Both of these images have been posted before.
The first was shot on film with a Nikon F100 and Tokina 80-200 f2.8 AT-X Pro lens on Tri-X film in 2001. I had just finished walking the parade route of approximately 2miles when I spotted these two ladies sitting on a bench in Seaside, FL. One had on a blue bikini bottom with stars and a red and white top while the other had blue top with stars and red and white bottom. Even though it was on black&white film, it is still an image I remember quite clearly.



The second was also shot on Tri-X but in 2011 with a Yashica Electro35 GS fixed lens rangefinder that once belonged to my dad. This was after I was no longer associated with the weekly newspaper and I wanted to shot the parade differently. I took only the rangefinder leaving the pair of digital Nikons at home and, again, walked the parade route as I had done since 1999. This young lad caught my eye as he was using his water pistol to spray the folks on the parade route. With the 45mm lens on the rangefinder, I was able to get not only him pointing his water pistol at me but also the lovely ladies with him. Happily, he did not soak the rangefinder with his pistol.



As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment