Thursday, June 18, 2015

WATCH YOUR STEP!

Still trying to figure out the best setup for me with this [relatively] new Fuji gear. I have had both cameras for over a year. I have the X100S with its fixed 23mm (35mm in 35mm film focal length) and the X-E1 with the 35mm (53mm in film). I also have the one holdover from my Nikon days - a Nikkor 85mm giving a focal length of 128mm in film. Back in my working days, my lenses covered from 12mm (18mm in film) to 300mm (450mm in film).
I have tried shooting with the X100S along with the X-E1 with the 35mm lens but they just seem to close together for me. I could shoot with one or the other but both just do not seem to be a good match. But I do enjoy using the X100S as my wideangle along with the X-E1 and the 85mm lens. Again, in my working days, I usually seem to shoot either long or wide and very few "normal" focal length shots.
Today's image was shot with the X-E1/85mm combo. With the Nikkor lens, I have to manually focus but it also has an aperture ring on it (rather than the Nikkor G-series lenses which do not have an aperture ring). The one downside to this setup is the camera does not record the aperture that is selected.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment