Thursday, June 11, 2015

NO WAKE

This image is from when I was a contract photographer for a small weekly newspaper in northwest Florida. We had been through a lot of rain and the editor got a call about flooding in a particular neighborhood. We (the reporter (my wife) and I) arrived on scene to talk with several of the residents. As my wife did her work, I roamed around to see what would make a good image. I spotted the sign a homeowner had put up but it needed something to catch the eye. I took several shots of cars going through the flooded street but nothing seemed to be really working for me.
I happened to look to my right down another street and caught a glimpse of a garbage truck making its rounds.
All I had to do was wait for him to come around the circle. This image was shot with a Nikon F100 and Nikkor 18-35mm zoom lens at 18mm, f8. Don't remember the film but this ran on the front page of the paper that weekend. It also took first place in the Florida Press Club Class D Spot News category..


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment