Saturday, June 20, 2015

Fill the frame

Might be starting to "see" a little better these days with the Fuji gear. In my DSLR days, I would have shot this with a zoom lens and "filled the frame". But here all I had was a normal focal length lens in the Fuji 35mm on a X-E1 body giving me a 52mm FOV.
But I saw the image I wanted withing the frame. Through the magic of software, I cropped the image, resized it to 8 inches x 12 inches at 300dpi, and converted it to black&white. There was more than enough data from the 16 megapixel sensor to print the image on my Epson R2400 at that size.


While I would love to still "fill the frame", I am finding it is not just as necessary as the technology has advanced. I can carry smaller, lighter gear and maybe still get the image I want.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment