Friday, January 2, 2015

Sad news

I had been trying to figure out what my first post of 2015 would be when I happened upon the news that jazz guitarist Jeff Golub had passed away at the age of 59 after a lengthy battle with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy or PSP. I was fortunate to photograph Jeff during his appearances at the Seabreeze Jazz Festival over the years. The first image is from the 2007 festival in Gulf Place, FL. It was my first time listening and shooting a performance by Jeff.


The last time I saw Jeff was at the 2012 festival as he performed along side saxophonist Mindi Abair and guitarist David Pack.


A Friends of Jeff Golub Benefit Concert has been scheduled to raise funds to help cover the expenses that Jeff and his family have incurred over the past few years. The concert will be held at B. B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City on January 21, 2015. Many of his friends will be featured at the event including Mindi Abair, Rick Braun, Randy Brecker, Henry Butler, Lionel Cordew, Christipher Cross, Mark Egan, Richard Elliot, Bill Evans, Chuck Loeb, Phillippe Saisse, Kirk Whalum, Kenny White, & Dave Koz.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment