Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"No Self Service"

Trying to find my groove again by looking at some images from back when I first got a decent SLR (thanks to my wife!). I think it was shot with an Olympus OM-10 with Zuiko 1,8/50mm. The film was Tri-X @ ISO400, developed in D-76 1:1.


 If memory serves, this was a young man named Steve Scholla and was at the first company I worked for after leaving the US Navy. This was around 1980 just after I had been bitten by the photography bug. Images like this are what I believe are worth keeping. Ordinary people doing ordinary things or, as American philosopher Will Durant said, "life on the banks."
We seem so caught up in what this or that "celebrity" is doing that we forget that the real heroes are the ones that live in the shadows just trying to do their best for family and friends. My family lost one such hero on January 2, 2015, when the husband of one of my nieces passed away at the young age of 48. He lived in a small Mississippi town, taught high school, and coached several sports. The town turned out to say goodbye to one of their true heroes this past Sunday. He shall be missed by everyone who knew him but especially by his loving wife and children.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment