Tuesday, January 20, 2015

An outake

Part of the fun of shooting for a newspaper is sometimes happening on found images that remain in your mind. This is one of those shots.
I was with a newspaper journalist (actually, my wife as the business contact) gathering some shots of a new restaurant. As I looked around for some images to give a feel to the place, I spotted this image. No extra lights,or setup, nothing. But I think Corona would love it!!
It was shot with a Nikon D2H and a Nikkor 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 superzoom handheld at 200mm, f5.6, and 1/15 second. I love the detail that shows with the condensation on the glass and the OOF elements that are still identifiable.


 All there was for light was what was streaming in through the windows which gave a nice glow to the glass and some indication of the what else was on the table. This shot was not one that was used in the spread about the restaurant but it is one that I remember vividly.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment