Friday, October 10, 2014

Woo Hoo!

Since leaving the newspaper biz and eventually selling my Nikon DSLR bodies and lenses and shifting to mirrorless, I have had to adjust from shooting for publication and more for enjoyment. When working, I always had a camera with me but it was different. To carry something like that today into, like this shot shows, a grocery, would have been a little conspicious. Now with the little Fuji cameras, I feel more comfortable always having a camera with me.
This shot, as I said, is from our local grocery. As my wife and I went about our shopping, I noticed the "Woo Hoo" sign in the cart. Now I needed something to work with it. that is when I spotted this young lady.
Sometimes I bring the camera to my eye, sometimes I shot from the hip. This shot is of the latter category.



I do believe I am getting more comfortable with the little Fuji X100S and "seeing" what it sees. While not perfectly aligned, it is, as an editor once told me, "good enough".
Maybe in a year or so I will no longer wish I had my Nikons and the variety of focal lengths.....
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment