Thursday, October 23, 2014

In Passing

For the past 18 months or so, I have been working on several retrospectives that I have put into books. I did it mostly to make presents for my family (kids and wife) and expect these books to be one-of-a-kind "limited" editions (because the costs through online publishing are HIGH!). And that is ok.
But it has been fun to rummage through my archives to come up with images for each of the three books I have done to date. As I went through old images, I had other themes come to mind that I am working on.
This image is on a theme I have dubbed "In Passing". As I look at this shot, I am not sure if I consciously did this or it was just a reaction. It was shot with a Nikon D2H (my main bodies for a decade) and a Tokina 4,0/12-24mm DX lens (which was one of my favorite lenses).
For me, this image really works for the "In Passing" theme. Using a wide angle (18mm in full frame terms) like this, it gives good DOF even wide open. And this is something I have been working to produce with my Fuji cameras and shooting only 35mm and 50mm focal lengths (in FF). Not an easy task when you are used to shooting differently for 35 years!



As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment