Monday, October 13, 2014

46 years and counting!


Tomorrow (10-14-2014) I will get to celebrate my 46th anniversary with this lovely lady. She has hung in there with me even when I did stupid things. The image with her having the glasses (my first pair of glasses!) on her head was taken with the first camera she ever bought me - an Olympus OM-10 w/50mm lens on Tri-X film. The one of her laughing at the grocery store is a more recent shot taken with my latest camera, a digital Fuji x-E1. It took a while but I think she has gotten used to me taking photos of her. Thanks for all the memories. I hope for another 46 years!


This one was taken with the first SLR she bought me - an Olympus OM-10 with a Zuiko 1,8/50mm lens. Over the years I have upgraded my equipment but she has been the constant in my life. She hung in through 8+ years of submarine service, bouncing around the country as I took different jobs, hanging in with me when our oldest son died in a single car accident, and even taking a leap of faith in quitting our jobs and six-figure income to go and be beach bums for a while.


With an Olympus OM-4T and Tokina 2,8/80-200mm on Tri-X


Nikon D2H with a Nikkor 3,5-5,6/18-200mm.


And, finally, a Fuji X-E1 with Fuji 1,4/35mm.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting...

No comments:

Post a Comment