Friday, September 5, 2014

Still trying...

I am looking at my images in a different light these days. In a previous post, I mentioned a little about cropping images. This was something I usually did in-camera with a zoom lens. But now that I am using 16MP cameras (Fuji X100S and X-E1) instead of 4MP (Nikon D2H), I feel I have more latitude. I really should not be surprised by this as I had an image from my D2H enlarged to roughly 6 feet x 12 feet for use on a billboard and it looked great when viewed from the ground.
Today's image is a shot from the X100S that I found in a recent review. I found an "image within an image". I have been inspired by a shot that Elliott Erwitt took of the feet of a woman, her Great Dane, and a chihuahua. The horizontal image that is famous was originally a vertical that Erwitt cropped because he saw the "image within an image".


I will continue to try and "see" images as I get used to the gear that I have. I just have to be patient....
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting....

No comments:

Post a Comment