Sunday, July 6, 2014

What a little pixie!

On Friday, I went to shoot the Independence Day parade in Carrollton, GA. My Fuji X-E1 acted up a little bit and shot two of the images as JPEG files rather than RAW. Don't know why and haven't gotten a plausible answer from other Fuji shooters as to why. But one of the images really captured my eye and was rendered the way I would probably do in post (IF I had the RAW file). At first, this little girl was hiding behind a telephone pole watching me. I proceeded to shoot other folks that were gathering to watch the parade. I had a chance to grab this shot without her noticing me.


This was shot with a Nikkor 1,8/85mm at f2.0. I am beginning to really like the bokeh of this lens more than when I used it on my Nikon D2H bodies. As far as the image, I added just a touch of contrast but that is all. No cropping or anything else. I have heard a lot from other Fuji shooters about the way the X-System gear does monochrome JPEGs but have not experienced it. This was captured in B&W with a red filter and, for me, it works. I love the tonal range which reminds me of the expensive Leica Monochrom rangefinder. But my X-E1 cost me just $650USD used last year and not $8000USD. Eat your heart out, Leica!
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment