Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Doing well!

Back in 1999, the young lad on the right was a high school senior who had most of his credits done for graduation and needed to fill some time. He asked if I would give him some instruction in photography. I was still shooting film and decided it would be fun. I gave him a theme each week and he went out and shot. Then he would come in, develop the film, and we would scan in what he had. I did little for this young man other than give him some basics in developing. His creative juices were already there and just looking for an outlet!!! I captured this shot of him at the 2011 (I think) with a Yashica Electro35 GS using Tri-X film and a 3-stop ND filter.


Here we are 15 years later and he is not only a part of a successful property management company in northwest Florida as the Director of Operations but also a successful photographer. He owns Modus Photography doing travel, lifestyle, portraits, weddings, commercial, and more. He also sells fine art prints using a lot of reclaimed wood from the area. Really quite a creative young man! If you are ever in Panama City Beach I recommend a visit to his gallery in Grayton Beach. Check out his website at modusphotography.com.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment