Thursday, May 1, 2014

Just starting

Just getting started with editing of the images from the Seabreeze Jazz Festival. This was the first year with the Fuji X-System gear and using only three primes (35mm (X100S), 52mm, and 128mm (Nikkor)). No extreme wide angle like the Tokina 12-24mm or telephoto like the Tokina 80-200mm that I used with my Nikon gear from the beginning in 1999.
This time I am looking at the images for what I can create from cropping since I was not able to "crop" in camera with a zoom lens.
I also shot with manual focus throughout the event and was pleasantly surprised at the number of in-focus shots I was able to get using focus peaking option. I think this will be a longer edit process than in the past but I am hopeful I got enough decent images to add to the photobook of the 16 years of the event to go to publication.
Here is a shot from the first day with the opening act of local saxophonist Michael J. Thomas. Nice sounds once he got past his nerves about performing in front of several thousand people.


Fuji X-E1 and a Nikkor 1,8/85mm at f2.0.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment