Friday, March 28, 2014

London Streets - One American's view

As some of you know, I have been working on a photobook of jazz images from the Seabreeze Jazz Festival that I first began covering in 1999 at the inaugural festival. I recently decided to try another photobook after receiving Peter Turnley's "French Kiss - A Love Letter to Paris".
His book inspired me to try a book of street images from my visits to London in the early 21st century. I do not anticipate selling any books (print-on-demand is too expensive) but I do like the way it turned out. I bought one just for posterity sake and will probably give this one (London Streets - One American's View) as a Christmas gift to one of my children and give a copy of the jazz photos to my other child.
This was strictly a labor of stroking my own ego. There is something about holding something tangible in one's hands rather than perusing it on a computer screen. If you want to take a look at the entire book, just follow this link and you can view it on the Blurb site.


If you do take a look, let me know what you think either positive or negative. For me, it was a thrill to see something come to completion. I have not felt that good about my photography for quite some time. Since having to leave the newspaper biz and get a "real job" to pay the bills, I have not made a dime from my photographs and that has been disappointing to say the least. Then another layoff in 2012 forcing me into retirement when I could not find other employment.
So this publication makes me feel like I have accomplished something. And.....
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment