Saturday, February 1, 2014

IMMORTALITY

Another trip down memory lane. Not really sure why I kept this image but today it attracted my attention. Mainly because it is more in line with the direction that I am trying to go in with my photography today.
I will never be an "undiscovered photographer" like a Vivian Maier. I just hope that some day my family will look at the images I printed. (Yes, I am printing images as they catch my eye for posterity. Whether my family keeps or can even access my stored digital files is unknown so I am printing for that point in time when the kids will go through them, keep the ones they like, and maybe pass them on to their children so they have a sense of what was.)
Isn't immortality why we really photograph? It gives us a sense that we won't be forgotten.
(And it gives me a chance to shoot pretty women without the wife getting too upset!! I am, after all, "working"!!)


As far as this image, it was taken in the artists community of Ruskin Place in Seaside, Florida. I love the similar dress of the two and all the graphics in the image from the chairs to the doorway to the plants and umbrella. I also like how they seem to be attached because of their similar outfits but, from this shot, one is not sure since they seem to have no connection other than their dress.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment