Thursday, January 2, 2014

Work continues in the New Year

Well, after making my New Year's resolutions yesterday, I figured I better get going again on the Seabreeze Jazz Festival photobook.
I finished selecting and post processing (at least initial selects) of the 2008 festival leaving only three years, 2009-2011, to do. I have already done 2012 as I did that year to create a gallery on my website.
This image is of jazz artist Paul Taylor. To review, I using the pinhole preset in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 as my initial point of processing. I then try different filters and see if I want to bring up the shadows. Each image is unique as I look to create an image that will work with what I am seeing on any particular day. I plan on offering some of the images as 12"X18" b&w prints using an Epson R2400 printer utilizing a continuous ink system with Jon Cone's Piezography Neutral pigments inks.


I captured this image with a Nikon D2H and Tokina 2,8/300mm lens wide open. I love the details in his face and hair that this lens/camera combination was able to capture. Not bad for a little 4.1 megapixel camera!!
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

2 comments:

  1. Great atmospheric picture Richard. I love it. The graininess adds to the overall feel of the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I was striving toward, David. I have always been drawn more to b&w over color but just converting to b&w did not really do it for me. So I got to playing in Silver Efex Pro 2 and tried out the Pinhole preset. It provides me with a good start and I then play with filters and the shadows slider till the image sings to me! Thanks for the feedback!!!

    ReplyDelete