Monday, January 6, 2014

Smokin'

As I was finishing work on the Seabreeze Jazz Fest photobook today, this image caught my eye. While the original image is a color raw file, it spurred some visions in my head. The guitar, being played by Steve Oliver, is a darkish green in color. When I made the shot, I saw the shadow of his hand and arm against the guitar's body and thought it would make a good image.
After getting the image in Silver Efex Pro 2, the pinhole preset was used and then the application of the blue filter. The filter darkened the guitar slightly but really had an impact on the hand/arm shadow. I brought the shadows up slightly and came away with this image.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment