Thursday, January 16, 2014

Joyce Cooling

Work continues on the Seabreeze Jazz Festival - 1999 to 2012, first edition. This shot of Joyce Cooling was taken in April 2008 in Gulf Place resort, Walton County, Florida. I love how this one turned out with the treatment of a pinhole preset from Silver Efex Pro. The added grain, dropoff in light, heightened contrast just all work for me. The original image was shot with a Nikon D2H and a 300mm f2.8 lens. The shutter speed was 1/160 of a second and was taken handheld. Not bad for an old guy!


When I see the images I was lucky enough to capture with those old Nikons, it brings on a bout of nostalgia. I really miss the time I spent as a smalltown photojournalist. I was able to get media credentials to just about everything that was going on in the area. I covered the good times and the bad and most of all, got to develop relationships with all kinds of people.
The famous photojournalists can keep all their accolades and accomplishments. I am satisfied to have had the opportunity to provide something to the people of south Walton County.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment