Thursday, November 14, 2013

Longing for Summer

Here winter is just starting to settle in and I am already looking forward to warmer weather. Growing up in the southern USA, I just have never enjoyed winter and/or snow and ice. Give me the beach in summer any day over a day in the mountains in winter. But, like photography, to each their own.
This image was shot on request from the Orange County Register for an article one of the reporters was doing on the Florida Panhandle. Somewhere, in one of my notebooks, I have the names of this couple that I caught on the beach in Grayton one morning. It was the image used by the Register for the article.


As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

2 comments:

  1. Richard, I love this image; so simple and uncluttered yet, so evocative. I can almost feel the warmth of the sun and hear the sea lapping on the shore, and the couple are experiencing a special moment of togetherness. (I like the rule of thirds in this picture too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, David. Glad it stirred some emotions!

    ReplyDelete