Tuesday, November 12, 2013

BUS LANE

It is hard to believe it has been a decade since my wife and I made our first trip to the UK in 2003. I had wanted to take her there ever since I was there back in the 1970's (I was in the U. S. Navy pulling into Holy Loch and Faslane, a British naval submarine base).
We traveled there again the following year in November 2004 with our first stop in Edinburgh, Scotland, on Thanksgiving Day in the States. This time the trip was for 17 days (Edinburgh, London, the Cotswolds).
Edinburgh is magical at this time of the year. Princes' Gardens is filled to overflowing with markets, carnival rides such as a ferris wheel and carousel, and even an outdoor skating rink. To watch the look in my wife's eyes as we roamed through the Gardens is something I will always remember.
But the shot I love most is this one. We were at a bus stop waiting for the bus when I took this shot. Everything just seemed to fall into place. There was still some light (it was dusk) so there is a lot of shadow detail to give an idea of the surroundings.She was not aware I was taking her photo and, for me, that was perfect.
I was using my fairly new Nikon D2H along with a Tokina 24-200mm superzoom. While not a great lens, it did all right here.


I actually like the way the lens rendered the scene - not overly sharp but with a nice kinda film look to it.
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment