Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"The Looks"

Stopped by to visit my son and his family after the eye doctor yesterday. Not sure if my son realized he was in the frame or not but his look made me wonder what he was thinking. His oldest daughter was also looking at me but her look is more "yeah, go ahead and take a picture, old man!"

My son is really a hoot. He keeps us laughing most of the time even when he is pissed off about something. This week he bought a new lawnmower. While he was using it for the first time, it exploded and dumped oil everywhere. On his way back to the store where he bought it, he got a speeding ticket.

But the way he tells it had us rolling with laughter.

That is where this image comes from. My images are going through a change as I continue to use the Fuji X100S. I have sold (or am selling) all of my Nikon gear since I will not have another job at a newspaper. I am really looking to do a long term project now that I am no longer gainfully employed. But I want it to be something personal. With the newspaper, it was get in, get the shot, get out, move on to the next assignment. Since it was a small weekly, the editor was not real interested in a project that would take months. So I am trying to come up with something that not only interest me and my new community but that will also give me a chance to get to know the people in the area. As I make the change with equipment, my shooting style will need to be more personal. No more f2.8 zooms or 8 frame per second cameras. Right now I am down to the X100S and an old Yashica Electro35 GS fixed lens film rangefinder that was my dad's.

Enough said, here is "The Looks"!!!

 
As always, make a comment!! Let me know what you think! Until next time, keep on shooting.....

No comments:

Post a Comment